I’m excited to announce that I’ve been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award! Even with new projects, jobs, and training, I want to shake the dust off of BBB and arrive in Southeast Asia prepared to share my journey. Beat, Broke, Backpacking started as a way to document an open-ended backpacking trip, and I hope to keep leaving the pages in my planner blank to experience whatever life throws at me. Anyway…
Who Nominated Me?
I would love to thank Dot from DOT On Her Way for the nomination. I feel like I’m still figuring out the whole blog world, and it seems like Dot’s got…just about everything figured out. From hanging wallpaper to traveling through Iceland, DOT On Her Way will answer all of your questions for traveling and living the good life.
7 Random Facts about me
As acceptance of this nomination by Dot, here are 7 random facts about me:
- I’ve worked for Lush Cosmetics off and on for about four years and in two different stores!
- The best hostel I’ve ever stayed in was Grateful Dead themed. Shout out to the Mamas and Papas hostel!
- In my junior year of high school, I sang at Carnegie Hall on Easter Sunday.
- I sleep in a sleeping bag every night because I think it’s more comfy (and I’m too lazy to buy a real comforter.)
- My full-time job includes writing for criminal defense lawyers, real estate agents, and relationship therapists!
- Cancer, Moon in Leo, Cancer Ascending.
- I just started yoga teacher training in January, but I’ve known I wanted to be a yoga teacher since I “taught” a class to two friends while we were staying at a hotel in Poland!
Versatile Blogger Award Rules
- Publicly thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog so everyone else can see how great they are.
- Pay it forward and select nominees you think are deserving this award. Some of the criteria’s to get the nomination are:
- the quality of the writing
- the uniqueness of the subjects covered
- the quality of the photographs
- Tell all of these people 7 random things about yourself, and ask your nominees to do the same.
Congratulations to all my nominees. Please read the Versatile Blogger Award Rules above to accept your nomination. Wishing you all the best to my fellow bloggers and let’s keep encouraging each other.
- Kayla Blogs – I can barely keep my bed made for five minutes, so I envy Kayla’s ability to organize in the midst of working and going to college. Kayla Blogs is your best resources for planner reviews, book recommendations, or how to travel and stay on top of a busy life.
- How Are Ju – America truly looks beautiful through Ju’s lens. Her landscape photos, from Grand Teton National Park to Riverside Drive in Austin, are simply stunning.
- Dreamista – Anna knows how to travel in style! She’s the brains and beauty behind Dreamista, a travel, fashion, and lifestyle blog that has you covered no matter where you want to go.
- Green Travel Guru – If you’re inspired by these eco warriors, you can grab green products right off of their site! Gijs and Annabeth are committed to keeping their travels green and sustainable, no matter where they go!
- Nancy Chandler’s Map of Bangkok – Keeping this one in my back pocket for July! Nancy Chandler is an American artist with a knack for illustrating the beauty in Southeast Asia’s most exciting cities.